ADSM-L

Archive retrieve question - changed filesystem

2003-09-03 21:20:49
Subject: Archive retrieve question - changed filesystem
From: "Levinson, Donald A." <dlevinso AT ACSALASKA DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 3 Sep 2003 16:58:26 -0800
I have a Tru64 system what archives files every night.
it used to put the files on an NFS mount from a netapp and then archive
them.
now it uses an ADVFS mount within the Tru64 cluster.
when I try to perform a
DSMC Q ARCHIVE 'FILE_0*'
I only see the older files that were backed up off the NFS mount, I do not
see the newer files.
I get the same results with
DSMC RETRIEVE 'FILE_0*' -PICK

but when I use the DSM gui client I see all archive sets from both NFS and
ADVFS
the client is 4.1.2.0, the server is 5.1.1.0

here is a select statement showing two of the different files:

     NODE_NAME: DCS1
FILESPACE_NAME: /usr/var/ase/mnt/dcsdata01/data01
  FILESPACE_ID: 6
          TYPE: FILE
       HL_NAME: /DATA/dcs/archive/
       LL_NAME: ACECOMM_DELTAJ_016891.dat
     OBJECT_ID: 47670334
  ARCHIVE_DATE: 2002-05-31 23:17:34.000000
         OWNER: root
    CLASS_NAME: DEFAULT

     NODE_NAME: DCS1
FILESPACE_NAME: /usr/var/ase/mnt/dcsdata01/data01/DATA/dcs/archive
  FILESPACE_ID: 7
          TYPE: FILE
       HL_NAME: /
       LL_NAME: ACECOMM_DELTAJ_000001.dat
     OBJECT_ID: 5886702
  ARCHIVE_DATE: 2000-05-25 23:18:42.000000
         OWNER: root
    CLASS_NAME: TAPE

This transmittal may contain confidential information intended solely for
the addressee. If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby
notified that you have received this transmittal in error; any review,
dissemination, distribution or copying of this transmittal is strictly
us immediately by reply or by telephone (collect at 907-564-1000) and ask to
speak with the message sender. In addition, please immediately delete this
message and all attachments. Thank you.