ADSM-L

Re: move nodedata

2003-09-02 08:34:45
Subject: Re: move nodedata
From: "Wilcox, Andy" <andy.wilcox AT AQUILA-NETWORKS.CO DOT UK>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 2 Sep 2003 12:21:45 +0100
Hiya Henrik,

I have recently been doing pretty much what you are trying to achieve. The
problem you have is the biggest issue with the move nodedata command. From
reading across the many articles on here, it appears that the only way to
get rid of the old copypool data is to delete the volumes containing the
data.

Luckily for me I am doing a massive tidyup and plan to remove our old
copypools for this very reason.

Food for thought though... Has anyone tried eliminating the old copypool
data by tweaking the copygroup parameters down to pretty much nothing, and
letting expiration clear most of it down? Would this even work, as I get the
impression that the data in the old copypool maintains its original
retention settings, although I could be wrong (I also assume that you would
need to move the node into a new domain as well as tweaking the copygroup
params would otherwise affect the live data)??? Any ideas?

Cheers

Andy Wilcox
Midrange Services
Aquila Networks Services Ltd