ADSM-L

Re: How to stop volumes reclaiming ?

2003-09-02 07:53:45
Subject: Re: How to stop volumes reclaiming ?
From: Richard Sims <rbs AT BU DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 2 Sep 2003 07:52:49 -0400
>Here's a quick question for you. I have some tape volumes in our 3494 tape
>library that contain data for clients that no longer exist. I want to remove
>these tape volumes from our library to free up some space, but keep the volumes
>just in case.
>
>Now, the problem is that I no longer want them to be included in the
>TAPEPOOL reclamation process. Is there a way to stop these volumes being
>reclaimed or called up for reclamation?

Farren -

I think it would be healthiest to get deadwood out of your viable clients
population.  Create a DEFUNCT-CLIENTS storage pool, to remain fallow, and do a
Move Data to transfer the tape-bound defunct clients data into it.  You may or
may not want to have the new stgpool collocated by node: I would tend to, which
would ease management, but consider the tape costs.

  Richard Sims, BU