ADSM-L

Re: Inventory File Expiration Errors

2003-09-01 07:40:39
Subject: Re: Inventory File Expiration Errors
From: Zlatko Krastev <acit AT ATTGLOBAL DOT NET>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 1 Sep 2003 13:26:42 +0300
Have you tried to run "expi i w=y"? The foreground process might show you
the messages related to the problem.

Zlatko Krastev
IT Consultant

Debi Randolph <Debra.Randolph AT FBOL DOT COM>
01.08.2003 22:19

        To:     ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
        cc:
        Subject:        Inventory File Expiration Errors

My Expire Inventory job fails everyday.   It says 10 errors were
encountered, but I cannot find any reference to the details of the errors
in the activity log.   Does anyone know how to find these errors and
resolve them?

TSM on Windows 2000, SP3, V5R1M5

07/30/2003 23:42:29   ANR0812I Inventory file expiration process 355
completed:
                       examined 219827 objects, deleting 40791 backup
objects, 0
                       archive objects, 0 DB backup volumes, and 0
recovery
plan
                       files. 10 errors were encountered.

07/30/2003 23:42:29   ANR0987I Process 355 for EXPIRE INVENTORY running in
the
                       BACKGROUND processed 40791 items with a completion
state
                       of FAILURE at 23:42:29.

Thanks,

Debi Randolph
Sr. System Engineer
First Bank
debra.randolph AT fbol DOT com

*******************    N O T I C E    *******************
The information contained in this e-mail, and in any accompanying
documents, may constitute confidential and/or legally privileged
information.  The information is intended only for use by the
designated recipient.  If you are not the intended recipient (or
responsible for the delivery of the message to the intended
recipient), you are hereby notified that any dissemination,
distribution, copying, or other use of, or taking of any action in
reliance on this e-mail is strictly prohibited.  If you have received
this e-mail communication in error, please notify the sender
immediately and delete the message from your system.