ADSM-L

Re: TSM database out of space

2003-08-30 18:59:24
Subject: Re: TSM database out of space
From: Zlatko Krastev <acit AT ATTGLOBAL DOT NET>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Sun, 31 Aug 2003 00:51:31 +0300
If you invoke "expire inventory" it would put its output in activity log
(as Richard already answered), thus increasing database used space. OTOH
expiration will remove unnecessary versions and as result will delete
database entries describing those versions. I would expect the increase to
be much less than freed space. And after activity log retention period
that output *also is deleted*.

You cannot manipulate TSM database space through AIX smitty. For methods
to deal with TSM database you can look at redbook "TSM Concepts"
(SG24-4877) or TSM Admin's Guide.

Zlatko Krastev
IT Consultant

Hafizan <hafizan AT I-SENTRIX DOT COM>