ADSM-L

Re: Is it possible to move data by date ?

2003-08-28 21:32:10
Subject: Re: Is it possible to move data by date ?
From: Richard Sims <rbs AT BU DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 28 Aug 2003 21:31:47 -0400
>We have defined an Storage Pool with "VERDeleted=Nolimit"
>Now I want to move files older than X months to an offsite
>Storage Pool. The newer files should stay on Volumes in the
>Library. Is that possible ? How can I do that ?

Thomas - There's no straightforward product method to achieve that,
         but there is a convolution I can think of:
Define a next-lower storage pool and set an appropriate MIGDelay on
its parent.  The older files will migrate to that next primary-type
storage pool and you can, in your way, send them offsite and manage
them.  (It's not the classic offsite Copy Stgpool, but can serve.)
Your premise indicates that there would be no implicit recall of
such files, so mount request handling should not be an issue.

  Richard Sims, BU