ADSM-L

Re: How to read LTO cartridge memory (was Re: Media Fault)

2003-08-26 10:58:12
Subject: Re: How to read LTO cartridge memory (was Re: Media Fault)
From: Robin Sharpe <Robin_Sharpe AT BERLEX DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 26 Aug 2003 10:53:34 -0400
Wouldn't that require special hardware?  It's radio, isn't it?
Robin Sharpe
Berlex Labs

                      "Anthonijsz,
                      Marcel M
                      SITI-ITDGE13"      To:     ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
                      <Marcel.Anthonijsz cc:
                      @SHELL.COM>        Subject:
                      Sent by: "ADSM:            How to read LTO cartridge
memory (was Re: Media Fault)
                      Dist Stor Manager"
                      <[email protected].

                      08/26/03 07:14 AM
                      Please respond to
                      "ADSM: Dist Stor
                      Manager"

Hi *SM'ers,

Does anybody know how to read the LTO Cartridge memory from the LTO
cartridge?
The LTO specs/brochure show an expected life cycle of about 1 million
mounts and recommends replacement after about 5000 loads.
We want to know how close we are to this figure. TSM forgets about mounts
as soon as a volume gets scratched...

Now did somebody perform the exercise Richards Sims describes below?
If not... I see an opportunity here.... I never did SCSI programming, so
there must a first time for everything :-/

Thanks!

Marcel Anthonijsz
Central Data Storage Manager (a.k.a. storman)
Shell Information Technology International B.V.
PO Box 1027, 2260 BA  Leidschendam, The Netherlands

Email: Marcel.Anthonijsz.-at-.shell.com
Internet: http://www.shell.com