ADSM-L

Wildcard limitations in filespec?

2003-08-25 13:28:27
Subject: Wildcard limitations in filespec?
From: Ted Byrne <tbyrne AT DSSCORP DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 25 Aug 2003 13:25:27 -0400
Greetings,

We'd like to run an incremental backup of a group of directories.  The
exact directory names vary from server to server, but they all follow the form
       /u01/app/oracle/admin/*/arch/

where the "*" is the name of an Oracle instance.

When we run an incremental using the filespec as shown,  the backup does
not pick up any files, even when we create a new file or touch an existing
file in one of those directories.  We've tried this with and without quotes
around the filespec.

Is there a limitation on the filespec used so that wildcards in the middle
of the string do not get processed?  These are Solaris 9 clients using
client version 5.1.6.2 or 5.2.0.0

Thanks in advance,

Ted