ADSM-L

Netware 6 backup and datasets not found

2003-08-22 13:38:52
Subject: Netware 6 backup and datasets not found
From: Bill Boyer <bill.boyer AT VERIZON DOT NET>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 22 Aug 2003 13:38:24 -0400
TSM 5.1.6.6 Netware client
Netware 6.0
TSM Server 5.1.7.1 on AIX 4.3
TSA600.NLM  6.00.05
SMDR.NLM  6.50.03

Running the daily incremental, I see lots of messages in the DSMERROR.LOG
file:

(TSA600.NLM 6.0 269) No data sets can be found

and then the associated

ANS4005E Error processing "filename": File not found

But when I go and look on the filesystem, the files are there. It seems to
be the same set of files each night, though.

If I try to back them up manually through the web client, I see them in the
tree/list, but they fail to backup with the same not found message.

Is this a client issue or TSM/SMDR? I didn't find anything related in the
list archives.

Bill Boyer
"Some days you are the bug, some days you are the windshield." - ??