ADSM-L

Re: A simple question but trouble me these days

2003-08-21 23:34:33
Subject: Re: A simple question but trouble me these days
From: Andrew Raibeck <storman AT US.IBM DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 21 Aug 2003 21:34:11 -0600
Questions are almost always simple. It is the answers that are usually not
trivial.

The short, inferior answer to your question: use the RESTORE DB command.
However, this does not sufficiently cover the subject.

The longer (and better) answer to your question: I would *strongly*
recommend that you carefully read chapter 23 in the TSM Administrator's
Guide, "Protecting and Recovering Your Server". This chapter describes the
TSM features that enable you to protect and recover your server, and
includes recovery scenarios. Also, as the commands are discussed in the
Admin Guide, look them up in the TSM Administrator's Reference. The Admin
Reference provides syntax for the commands, but the Admin Guide provides a
context in which to use them.

Regards,

Andy

Andy Raibeck
IBM Software Group

The command line is your friend.

TechnicalLib <TechLibrary AT 163 DOT COM>
08/21/2003 19:25