ADSM-L

Re: How much active data is allocated for a client?

2003-08-21 19:41:29
Subject: Re: How much active data is allocated for a client?
From: Richard Sims <rbs AT BU DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 21 Aug 2003 19:41:13 -0400
>I am looking for a select SQL statement  that will allow me to this similar
>to "export node NONENAME filedata=backupactive preview=yes"   I am trying
>to find out how much active backup data is allocated for a client.  In my
>case for several  nodes.  I can run export all day, but I figure if there
>must be a easier way.

This was discussed about 10 days ago, and there was an excellent and logical
response which I immortalized in http://people.bu.edu/rbs/ADSM.QuickFacts
under "Active files, number and bytes".  By definition, Active files are
those still on the client, and Filespace numbers reflect the current
state of the client file system.

  Richard Sims, http://people.bu.edu/rbs