ADSM-L

Re: Upgrade TDP for Exchange v2.2 to ITSM for Mail 5.1.5

2003-08-21 10:12:22
Subject: Re: Upgrade TDP for Exchange v2.2 to ITSM for Mail 5.1.5
From: "Adams, Matt (US - Hermitage)" <maadams AT DELOITTE DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 21 Aug 2003 10:11:52 -0400
The shortcut was made manually to the "All Users" desktop by going
C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Start Menu\Programs\Tivoli Storage
Manager\TDP for MS Exchange Server - V2 and copying the "Exchange Client -
GUI to the All users desktop.

We didn't change the base installation directory.  We took all the default
for both the installation of v2.2 and 5.1.5.

However, this folder is different for ITSM:

C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Start Menu\Programs\Tivoli Storage
Manager\Data Protection for Microsoft Exchange Server

versus

C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Start Menu\Programs\Tivoli Storage
Manager\TDP for MS Exchange Server - V2

The properties of the shorcut for in both installation scenarios both point
to "C:\Program Files\Tivoli\TSM\TDPExchange\" though I just now noticed that
the target of the shortcut changed.

V2 target in the shortcut properties is:  Tivoli Data Protection for
Microsoft Exchange Server
ITSM 5.1.5 target is:   IBM Tivoli Storage Manager for Mail - MS Exchange

Perhaps this is where part of the problem lies.

Matt