ADSM-L

Re: New/old PC issue

2003-08-20 08:13:56
Subject: Re: New/old PC issue
From: David E Ehresman <deehre01 AT LOUISVILLE DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 20 Aug 2003 08:12:42 -0400
Try using nametype=uni or specifying the fsid number for the filespace
and use nametype=fsid.

David

>>> joni.moyer AT HIGHMARK DOT COM 8/20/2003 8:02:30 AM >>>
Hello!

I have a quick question about when an individual gets rid of an old PC
and
gets a new one to backup to TSM.  The one I am dealing with is
lemkeldepc.
The new and old node name is the same.  What they want me to do is
delete
all of the filespace info. from the new PC, \\m50338543\c$ and rename
the
old filespace, \\m50306110\c$ to the new filespace name.  Now, when I
go to
delete the new filespace it tells me that no such filespace exists,
but
when I query occupancy and query filespace, it does in fact exist.
Does
anyone have any suggestions about what might be occurring here?

Thanks in advance!

Joni Moyer
Systems Programmer
joni.moyer AT highmark DOT com