ADSM-L

TSM on Intel

2003-08-20 08:08:13
Subject: TSM on Intel
From: Brenda Collins <brenda.collins AT US.ING DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 20 Aug 2003 07:07:09 -0500
Hi!

We are considering building a TSM server on Intel but there is concern
about putting a lot of disk behind it and then ending up with a problem
with the check disk process.  (This happened on a production server and it
ran for days, obviously shutting the server down.) Does TSM use raw disk or
filesystems on Intel?  How would TSM handle the check disk issue?

If anyone has had experience with this, I would appreciate hearing about
it.  We generally run Unix servers for TSM but this particular environment
is a remote location with about 40 clients and the on-site staff only has
Intel experience so that is why it is under consideration.

Thanks,
Brenda Collins
Sr. Systems Engineer
ING - Americas Infrastructure Services