ADSM-L

Re: TSM for small Workgroups

2003-08-20 03:27:23
Subject: Re: TSM for small Workgroups
From: Karel Bos <Karel.Bos AT NUON DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 20 Aug 2003 09:26:58 +0200
Reclamation from cached (diskpool) data in past versions of TSM where done
by file in stead off by aggregate. This was really slow. If I remember it
correctly in TSM 5.1 this was changed and now it should be much faster.

In my opinion, production TSM servers start with at least 2 drives and
automated libraries. There are work arounds to have TSM run with less, but
this will keep TSM down. And if your company will pay the price for TSM, the
cost for a (really) small library won't be a problem.

Regard,

Karel