ADSM-L

Re: Restoring a backup from SQL Server A to SQL Server B

2003-08-18 16:42:20
Subject: Re: Restoring a backup from SQL Server A to SQL Server B
From: Del Hoobler <hoobler AT US.IBM DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 18 Aug 2003 16:43:59 -0400
Chris,

I am assuming you are using the same NODENAME when logging
into the TSM Server. If so, have you succesfully generated
and stored the password for that node on the machine that
you are doing your restore on?

I suggest getting the the following command
to work before even attempting a restore:

   TDPSQLC QUERY TSM /TSMOptFile=dsm_A.opt

The first time you connect from the alternate machine,
you will need to store the password for that node,
using the "/TSMPASS=password" option.

Thanks,

Del

> I have two SQL Servers both running Windows 2000, and using TDP for SQL
> (version 5.1.5).  Let's call the servers Server A and Server B.  I have
> backed up the Northwind database (just using Northwind as an example) on
> Server A and need to restore it on Server B.  I have copied the dsm.opt
file
> from Server A to Server B and have named it dsm_A.opt, and am using the
> option /TSMOptFile=dsm_A.opt.  No matter what I try to do, I get
> authentication errors.  I have tried both PasswordAccess=Generate and
> PasswordAccess=Prompt.  I have even gotten brave and renamed the

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\IBM\ADSM\CurrentVersion\BackupClient\Nodes\SQL-S