ADSM-L

Re: Changing Names of a library.

2003-08-17 07:10:11
Subject: Re: Changing Names of a library.
From: Steven Pemberton <stevep AT IBK.COM DOT AU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 18 Aug 2003 21:07:58 +1000
On Friday 15 August 2003 01:39, Coats, Jack wrote:
> I have a wintel TSM server version 4.2.3.1 with Windows 2000, and I am
> trying to get a
> 'smooth' DRM run (where I have to do minimal editing of the plan file, and
> no major re-configuration
> of TSM after it is restored).
>
> One issue I have is the DR server and the production server are not
> 'identical', but similar.
> The DRserver assigned name lb6.0.0.4 to the library, and my production box
> is lb6.0.0.2
>
> How can I get my DR server to call the library lb6.0.0.4?

You could do that, but the name of the library isn't really your problem.

How about giving the library a logical name like "library1", and using the
path setting to identify the scsi address.

That will at least save you having to change any references to the library
name, however you'll still need to update the path settings after a DR
recovery.

Why can't you configure the libraries to use identical scsi addresses?

Steven P.

--
Steven Pemberton
Senior Enterprise Management Consultant

Mobile: +61/0 418 335 136 | Phone: +61/3 9820 5811 | Fax: +61/3 9820 9907
Level 1, 11 Queens Road, Melbourne, Victoria, 3004, Australia
http://www.senetas.com.au | http://www.ibk.com.au | http://www.datum.com.au