ADSM-L

[Fwd: Re: Solution update sql query]

2003-08-15 07:40:18
Subject: [Fwd: Re: Solution update sql query]
From: Otto Schakenbos <otto.schakenbos AT TELEFLEX DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 15 Aug 2003 11:13:59 +0200
I was at session number 65532 when it started. so that is over the 64000
limit. (i guess the limit is 65536)  But after that it doesn't store
anything at all (i did a select * from summary)

but i believe that you are right, that this is the bug/limit that hit me

thnx

Teja, Balbir wrote:

Sorry, my reply to list bounced, so I am sending you direct message.

Was your session number greater than 64,000?  I found that at TSM
5.1.5.4, once it reaches the limit of 64,000 sessions, it does not
store all the summary information for clients. Records are still in
Summary table, but the bytes are zero and your select statement is
looking for bytes > 0.   After halting and restarting goes back to
session 1, then it is ok again.  I heard this problem is solved with
TSM 5.1.5.6.

I hope this helps.

Balbir.

Balbir Teja

Computing and Network Services

University of Alberta

(780) 492-0920

balbir.teja AT ualberta DOT ca

--
Otto Schakenbos
PC-Support

TEL: +49-7151/502 8468
FAX: +49-7151/502 8489
MOBILE: +49-172/7102715
E-MAIL: otto.schakenbos AT tis-ag DOT com

TFX IT-Service AG
Fronackerstrasse 33-35
71332 Waiblingen
GERMANY