ADSM-L

Re: HELP! My lost TSM DB

2003-08-14 15:40:21
Subject: Re: HELP! My lost TSM DB
From: Miles Purdy <PURDYM AT FIPD.GC DOT CA>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 14 Aug 2003 14:39:39 -0500
I don't know what they are not in the VG. The filesystems are not mounted and
the VG would not vary on because quorum is set. Of course I could disable the
quorum, but I don't think that will get me any further to solving the real
problem. I have thought about exporting and importing it. Because, the error
appears to be in the ODM. (an ODM get on CuAt shows only four disks.) (I
thought about sycnlvodm, but it must be varyed on first.)

The varyon message is misleading too:
root@unxr:/usr/tivoli/tsm/server/bin>varyonvg TSMdbvg1024
PV Status:      hdisk8  000d9f7fdabbdc5c        PVINVG
                hdisk9  000d9f7fdabbe670        PVINVG
                hdisk10 000d9f7fdabbe852        PVINVG
                hdisk11 000d9f7fdabbee59        PVINVG
0516-052 varyonvg: Volume group cannot be varied on without a
        quorum. More physical volumes in the group must be active.
        Run diagnostics on inactive PVs.

It should say that the other four are missing.

Are my steps to reload the TSM database complete?

Miles

>>> KauffmanT AT NIBCO DOT COM 14-Aug-03 2:34:09 PM >>>
Miles --

Why are the disks not in the VG? Anything in diagnostics or errpt?

My first shot would be to unmount any mounted filesystems in the VG and vary
the VG offline. Then exportvg TSMdbvg1024. Then, take a shot at importvg -y
TSMdbvg1024 hdisk8 and see if it all comes back. If not, it's probably
delete/define/reload time.

Tom Kauffman
NIBCO, Inc