ADSM-L

Re: delete node discrepancy

2003-08-12 09:02:13
Subject: Re: delete node discrepancy
From: Joni Moyer <joni.moyer AT HIGHMARK DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 12 Aug 2003 09:01:52 -0400
Andy,

I just wanted to make sure that I was deleting the proper information.  So
if I wanted to delete filespaces for node NNN, then I would issue the
command delete filespace NNN * and that would delete any/all pertaining
directory backups?  This must be my problem because there are not
backups/archives for the nodes I want to remove from tsm.  Thanks again!

Joni Moyer
Systems Programmer
joni.moyer AT highmark DOT com
(717)975-8338

                      Andrew Raibeck
                      <storman AT US DOT IBM.C        To:       ADSM-L AT
VM.MARIST DOT EDU
                      OM>                      cc:
                      Sent by: "ADSM:          Subject:  Re: delete node
discrepancy
                      Dist Stor
                      Manager"
                      <[email protected]
                      .EDU>

                      08/11/2003 10:52
                      AM
                      Please respond to
                      "ADSM: Dist Stor
                      Manager"

Joni,

The capacity and utilization statistics from QUERY FILESPACE are those of
the actual file system on the client machine (as of the last incremental
backup). It is not a representation of how much space the client is
utilizing on your TSM server.

The most likely cause of what you are seeing is directory backups that
reside in the database but not the storage pools. QUERY OCCUPANCY only
shows you storage pool occupancy, not database occupancy. You can check
this by examining the contents of the BACKUPS and ARCHIVES tables:

   SELECT * FROM BACKUPS WHERE NODE_NAME='NNNNN'
   SELECT * FROM ARCHIVES WHERE NODE_NAME='NNNNN'

(substitute the node name -- in all upper case -- for NNNNN)

The DELETE FILESPACE command should handle the removal of any residual
data.

Regards,

Andy

Andy Raibeck
IBM Software Group

The command line is your friend.

Joni Moyer <joni.moyer AT HIGHMARK DOT COM>
08/11/2003 07:19

        To:     ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
        cc:
        Subject:        delete node discrepancy

Hello!

I have tried to delete a node from tsm and I received the message that
there were references that still existed for that node, but when I did a
query occupancy I found nothing.  I then did a query filespace for that
particular node and it showed 1 filespace with approximately 2GB of space.
How is this possible?  Where would this data reside if it doesn't show up
with the query occupancy?

Thanks in advance for any help!