ADSM-L

Re: virtual write error on Raid-1

2003-08-08 10:27:44
Subject: Re: virtual write error on Raid-1
From: "Stapleton, Mark" <stapleto AT BERBEE DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 8 Aug 2003 09:27:24 -0500
From: Salak Juraj [mailto:j.salak AT ASAMER DOT AT]
> TSM Server reports sometiems write error on a disk raid-1 volume,
> while
> neither an evidence about an error is elsewhere
> (Raid-Controller, event log)
> nor I am able to provoke an write error wit a test program.
>
> This problem occures sometimes, but not always,
> when an reclamation process reclaimss an LTO tape to a disk volume
> defined in
>
> 2003.08.05 11:41:50      ANR1340I Scratch volume
> V:\TSM\RECLAIMPOOL1\00000DAA.BFS
>                           is now defined in storage pool RECLAIMTPDB.
> 2003.08.05 11:47:11      ANR9999D pvrfil64.c(1056): ThreadId<30> Error
> writing FILE
>                           volume V:\TSM\RECLAIMPOOL1\00000DAA.BFS.
> 2003.08.05 11:47:11      ANR1411W Access mode for volume
>                           V:\TSM\RECLAIMPOOL1\00000DAA.BFS now set to
> "read-only"
>                           due to write error.

This is a long shot, but...

You're writing to a virtual volume, so you've got a device class that
uses a device type of "server". Check the mountlimit on that device
class and compare it to the mountlimit of the device class used by the
storage pool on the target server that is written to during the above
operation. They should be the same number.

--
Mark Stapleton (mark.stapleton AT berbee DOT com)
Berbee Information Networks