ADSM-L

Re: Win2k RSM conflict with TSM device driver.

2003-08-08 10:24:19
Subject: Re: Win2k RSM conflict with TSM device driver.
From: Michael Swinhoe <mike.swinhoe AT UK.ZURICH DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 8 Aug 2003 15:20:47 +0100
I have had the same error with our TSM environment.
 The PLM is AIX. And we have 5 * W2K library clients connected to a LTO.
The problem was that when RSM was enabled they were all picking up the
Library changer, which therefore stopped any tapes being mounted.  The
solution was to disable the RSM services and installed the TSM device
driver.  We have had no problems since.

Mike

Regards,
Michael Swinhoe
Storage Management Group
Zurich Financial Services
E-mail:   mailto:Mike.Swinhoe AT UK.Zurich DOT com

                    John Underdown
                    <johnunderdown AT STI DOT SY        To:     ADSM-L AT
VM.MARIST DOT EDU
                    NOVUS.COM>                   cc:
                    Sent by: "ADSM: Dist         Subject:     Win2k RSM
conflict with TSM device driver.
                    Stor Manager"
                    <ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU

                    08/08/2003 15:15
                    Please respond to
                    "ADSM: Dist Stor
                    Manager"

Greetings to all, has anyone encountered this problem before?

Whenever the TSM device driver is loaded the OS gives the following error
and i lose access to the CdRom:

"RSM cannot manage library CdRom0.  It encountered an unspecified error."

If i unload the TSM device driver i regain access to the CdRom. i'm running
TSM Server 5.1.7.0 on a Win2k sp3 OS.

i couldn't find an APAR on this and i have opened a PMR with Tivoli, but i
was wondering if anyone else has seen this problem.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

john

The information contained in this message is confidential and may be
legally privileged. If you are not the intended recipient, please do not
read, copy or otherwise use it and do not disclose it to anyone else.
Please notify the sender of the delivery error and then delete the
message from your system.

Any views or opinions expressed in this email are those of the author only.

Communications will be monitored regularly to improve our service and for
security and regulatory purposes.

Thank you for your assistance.