ADSM-L

Empty Tapes

2003-08-07 09:57:58
Subject: Empty Tapes
From: Brenda Collins <brenda.collins AT US.ING DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 7 Aug 2003 07:54:57 -0500
Good Morning!

I am running into a condition where I end up with a lot of empty tapes, yet
they do not seem to get recalled from off-site.  I manually go in and
update them to be access=readwrite loc='', thinking they will show up on
the return list from off-site vaulting but that does not seem to be the
case.  When I update them in this manner, it does say they are deleted from
the storage pool so they are eligible for scratch.

Volume Name               Storage      Device      Estimated    Pct
Volume
                          Pool Name    Class Name   Capacity   Util
Status
                                                        (MB)
------------------------  -----------  ----------  ---------  -----
--------
T40061                    DB2COPY      9840              0.0    0.0   Empty

T40274                    BKUP1COPY    9840              0.0    0.0   Empty

T40326                    BKUP1COPY    9840              0.0    0.0   Empty

T40421                    BKUP1COPY    9840              0.0    0.0   Empty

TSM Version 5.1.7
Solaris 8

Any ideas on why they remain at empty and do not get reclaimed or called
back from off-site?

Thanks,
Brenda Collins
Sr. Systems Engineer