ADSM-L

Re: Errors during a DB restore?

2003-08-07 08:16:40
Subject: Re: Errors during a DB restore?
From: Richard Sims <rbs AT BU DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 7 Aug 2003 08:16:23 -0400
>ANR8302E I/O error on drive TAPE0 (MT0.0.0.2) (OP=READ, Error Number=1235,
>CC=0,KEY=2B, ASC=4B, ASCQ=00, ...

Missing from your posting is server type and level, and tape attachment
method.  Looks like Windows.
Zlatko suggested looking into the Windows Registry MAXimumSGList value.
In addition, at a more mundane level, the following from my notes:

        ASC=4B+ASCQ=00 is a Data Phase Error, meaning that an error occurred
        during the Data Phase of a SCSI operation; as when a SCSI target device
        receives a zero-length data frame, or too many parity errors have
        occurred during the Data-In and Data-Out phases of an operation.
        Could be caused by a bad (SCSI) cable or faulty SCSI termination.

I would also recommend cleaning the tape drive, to eliminate any media
processing that might contribute to this.

  Richard Sims, BU