ADSM-L

Re: corrupt name stream object ?

2003-08-06 07:26:46
Subject: Re: corrupt name stream object ?
From: Richard Sims <rbs AT BU DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 6 Aug 2003 07:26:32 -0400
>Can anyone shed some light on the following error
>
>ANS2048E Named stream of object '\\server\share\full\path\to\file' is
>corrupt.
>
>We are seeing this during a restore on a W2K box using TSM client 5.1.5.
>The TSM server is version 5.1.6.3, on AIX 5.1 ML3.
>
>The file in question is restored but appears to be missing its extended
>ACLs - under the file's properties only the "general" tab exists  (no
>security, custom, summary etc....)
>
>I have been unsuccessful in finding anything about this message.

You're resisting the advice I keep giving for ready access to information...
Go to www.ibm.com.  At the top of the page you will find a Search box.
Enter "ANS2048E" and click on Search.  Up pops APAR IC33922 which, as many
APARs nicely do, provides some background information about the situation
provoking the message.  (A thank-you to IBM for making the effort to add
such info to APARs.)

  Richard Sims, BU