ADSM-L

TSM on LinuxPPC 32 bit

2003-08-06 05:39:23
Subject: TSM on LinuxPPC 32 bit
From: Remco Post <r.post AT SARA DOT NL>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 6 Aug 2003 11:37:05 +0200
Hi all,

I was very pleased to find a TSM client for LinuxPPC 64 bit, usefull (though
not for us). What I'd had hoped for was a version that would run on 32 bit
versions of LinuxPPC as well as on 64bit LinuxPPC, so it would not only run
on IBM hardware, but also on the tons of other LinuxPPC systems out
there (like powermac running Linux).

Is support for 32 bit LinuxPPC planned, It can't be that hard, once you have
the code running on 4 different types of CPU with Linux, the 5th must be
little more than recompilation with the correct flags...

--
Met vriendelijke groeten,

Remco Post

SARA - Reken- en Netwerkdiensten                      http://www.sara.nl
High Performance Computing  Tel. +31 20 592 8008    Fax. +31 20 668 3167

"I really didn't foresee the Internet. But then, neither did the computer
industry. Not that that tells us very much of course - the computer industry
didn't even foresee that the century was going to end." -- Douglas Adams