ADSM-L

Re: Restore in idle

2003-08-05 17:30:37
Subject: Re: Restore in idle
From: Zlatko Krastev <acit AT ATTGLOBAL DOT NET>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 6 Aug 2003 00:28:10 +0300
You did not described how you invoked the restore and how many files are
there in the filespace. When no-query restore is performed and the
filespace contains 10^5 - 10^6 files, the time needed the server to build
the list of files might be significant. This is if migration end was
coincidence.
OTOH it is possible restore needed the same tape used for migration. When
you have a transaction, the server completes the batch and only then
process preemption occurs.

Was restore performed from the same tape used for migration or
dismount/mount of another one took place?

Zlatko Krastev
IT Consultant

"Gill, Geoffrey L." <GEOFFREY.L.GILL AT SAIC DOT COM>
05.08.2003 22:09