ADSM-L

Journal-Based-bACKUP

2003-08-05 01:39:18
Subject: Journal-Based-bACKUP
From: Christoph Pilgram <Christoph.Pilgram AT BC.BOEHRINGER-INGELHEIM DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 5 Aug 2003 07:38:46 +0200
Hi all,

I do have problems, backing up one of our W2K-Nodes within the given
timeframe of 10 Hours.
It is a very big node ( 350 GB Filespace, 6 000 000 files, all files under
one mountpoint) and we always make full incremental. I plan to use
journal-based-backup to get it done in time.
Does anybody has experience with this kind of backup or any other good idea
and can share the pro's and con's with me. And what does it mean  in the
User Guide ( we do not make selective backups)  :

The file space image at the server cannot have been modified by an
administrative command since the last full incremental.

The storage management policy for the files being backed up cannot have been
updated since the last full incremental.

Thanks for any help

Chr. Pilgram

Boehringer Ingelheim Pharma GmbH & Co.KG