ADSM-L

Re: LTO Tape Drives

2003-08-04 04:45:23
Subject: Re: LTO Tape Drives
From: Zlatko Krastev <acit AT ATTGLOBAL DOT NET>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 4 Aug 2003 11:44:12 +0300
You have room for bar-code label on the cartridge. Actually from that
space only part is machibe-readable (the bar-code area) and the rest can
be used for your own purposes.
Thus a solution might be ("no warranty" and other marketing stuff): print
own bar-code labels. The specification is available on IBM's site
(http://www.storage.ibm.com/media) and write whatever your company needs
on the text area (almost half of the label) with smaller pitch characters.
If you can make the characters small enough, it is possible to fit even
two rows of text there.
This ought to be a supported way of putting proprietary information on a
LTO cartridge.

Zlatko Krastev
IT Consultant

"Foresti, Kathie" <kathie.foresti AT LMCO DOT COM>
01.08.2003 20:51