ADSM-L

Re: show INVO / BFO export failure

2003-08-01 08:05:05
Subject: Re: show INVO / BFO export failure
From: Richard Sims <rbs AT BU DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 1 Aug 2003 08:04:53 -0400
>I'm having problems with an export:
>
>export server filedata=backupactive devclass=DLTCLASS1 scratch=no
>volumenames=000376,000384,000011
>
>It fails with the following error:
>
>ANR9999D xibf.c(664): Return code 87 encountered in writing object 0.9041218
>to export stream.
>ANR0661E EXPORT SERVER: Internal error encountered in accessing data storage.
>
>Richard Sims advised me to investigate which object is failing with the
>commands 'show invo' and 'show bfo'
>
>What is the correct syntax of these 2 show commands to see which file is being
>written to the export when the failure occurs (as the show documents are
>undocumented).

Kurt - Feel free to email me directly as needed.

The SHow commands are not documented in manuals, due to their nature.  I have
some doc on them in http://people.bu.edu/rbs/ADSM.QuickFacts , which I encourage
people to reference as an experiential supplement to the formal documentation.

Do 'SHow INVObject 0 <ObjectIdDecimal>'
where the ObjectID is the number you see in 'Select * from Backups', for
example.  In your case:  SHow INVObject 0 9041218

  Richard Sims, BU