ADSM-L

Re: Multiple backup of a file that doesn't change?

2003-07-30 08:51:13
Subject: Re: Multiple backup of a file that doesn't change?
From: Remco Post <r.post AT SARA DOT NL>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 30 Jul 2003 14:50:31 +0200
On Wed, 30 Jul 2003 12:02:55 +0200
Jozef Zatko <zatko AT LOGIN DOT SK> wrote:

> Hi Flemming,
> this could be easily done by selective backup of this file by somebody
> after normal incremental backup. Using selective backup you can backup
> file as many times as you want. During selective backup TSM client does
> not check if file was changed or not.
>
> Hope this helps

Another possibility is that only the permission beits of the file changed. I
don't know about Netware, but on windows, the file is backed up agian....

--
Met vriendelijke groeten,

Remco Post

SARA - Stichting Academisch Rekencentrum Amsterdam    http://www.sara.nl
High Performance Computing  Tel. +31 20 592 8008    Fax. +31 20 668 3167

"I really didn't foresee the Internet. But then, neither did the computer
industry. Not that that tells us very much of course - the computer industry
didn't even foresee that the century was going to end." -- Douglas Adams