ADSM-L

Restarts of TSM services

2003-07-30 08:23:11
Subject: Restarts of TSM services
From: Henrik Wahlstedt <shwl AT STATOIL DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 30 Jul 2003 14:22:49 +0200
Hi,

We are monitoring our w2k sp3 with pre-hotfixes sp4 servers with MOM (MS
Operation Manager). And of course, we monitor TSM scheduler services which
generates an alert in MOM if a TSM service goes down. And they do that a
little bit too frequently..  use repeat count in MOM.

I am aware of w2k recovery of services i.e restart of services if it fails,
and I use it. I also use a simple registry setting to have TSM services to
be dependent on dnscache. But that are only work arounds to get it working,
not a solution that ends my minor problem.

I would be happy if I found something in Eventviewer or dsmerror.log
explaining why TSM services restart, but I dont.

Have anyone else experienced this?

Uhh I almost forgot, TSM client 4.1.2.12, 4.2.2.0, 5.1.6.0 and some other
flavours. TSM servers 5.1.7.0, 5.1.5.4, 4.2.2.8, 4.2.1.9.

tia
Henrik

this message.
Thank you.