ADSM-L

Re: Multiple mounts for reclaimation/stgp backup

2003-07-29 07:06:15
Subject: Re: Multiple mounts for reclaimation/stgp backup
From: "Loon, E.J. van - SPLXM" <Eric-van.Loon AT KLM DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 29 Jul 2003 13:05:30 +0200
Hi Brenda!
Well, not really... There is no maxproc parameter for the update stgpool
command.
As far as I know, you cannot reclaim more that one tape at a time. Not
automatically that is, you can start an extra move data reconstruct=yes, but
that's merely a bypass.
I guess the fact that you can only run one reclamation at a time is a
build-in limitation of TSM. Maybe to be 'fixed' in a future release?
Kindest regards,
Eric van Loon
KLM Royal Dutch Airlines