ADSM-L

Re: High Utilization on Netware Server

2003-07-28 22:59:38
Subject: Re: High Utilization on Netware Server
From: Jack Magill <tivoli.instructor AT COX DOT NET>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 28 Jul 2003 22:59:14 -0400
Compression will not help in this case, since all compression must be done and
undone by the clients cpu, this will put more load and the novell server and
not alieviate it as you might think.  What are the sizes of the files being
backed up (in general)? What is the size of the cpu that is being used on the
server? How much ram is available? and last but not least what are the comm
buffer settings on the client?

Jack