ADSM-L

Separate Domino server for restores

2003-07-28 14:34:32
Subject: Separate Domino server for restores
From: Bill Boyer <bill.boyer AT VERIZON DOT NET>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 28 Jul 2003 14:34:08 -0400
How would I go about creating another Domino server for restores?? I
installed the TDP agent on another Domino server, configured the DSM.OPT
file to use the production server nodename. I can do restores, but when I
try to do an applylogs, I get ACD5769I that says I can't apply the logs.

I was trying to follow the procedures in the TDP user's guide for alternate
server restore, but it wasn't making much sense to us, as non-Domino
literates. What we need is a simple way to get this server configured so
that we can apply the logs during the activate process. They used to do this
on their production Domino server until it crashed due to a resources
shortage during an APPLYLOGS process. Now they're gun-shy and want to use a
separate server, which is what the user's guide recommends.

TIA,
Bill Boyer
"Some days you are the bug, some days you are the windshield." - ??