ADSM-L

disk storage pool access

2003-07-26 06:50:35
Subject: disk storage pool access
From: i love tsm <ilovetsm AT HOTMAIL DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Sat, 26 Jul 2003 09:29:03 +0100
Hi All

A couple of questions about the way in which disk storage pools are used. I
had a quick look in the manuals but couldn't find an answer

basically, i want to know if more than once backup session can access a disk
pool volume at a time

also if i have three disk pool volumes and 4 migrations processes running
will i get contention on disk with two of the migration processes fighting
over a disk volume.

i have 270 GB (RAID5 which i know is not the best but cannot be changed at
the moment), which is presented as 1 LUN,  of SAN attached disk storage pool
at the moment. This is split into 2 x 100Gb and 1 x 70Gb storage pool
volumes. I'm thinking I should have more smaller disk volumes instead.
comments??

TIA