ADSM-L

Re: TDP Domino and transaction logs

2003-07-24 12:54:16
Subject: Re: TDP Domino and transaction logs
From: Kent Monthei <Kent.J.Monthei AT GSK DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 24 Jul 2003 12:51:40 -0400
Won't running INACTIVATELOGS immediately after a full backup potentially
break PIT restores from the prior full backups?  To preserve PIT restore
capability, it seems to me INACTIVATELOGS should be scheduled just before a
full backup, rather than after, and perhaps less frequently.  Also, for
PIT restores from older backups, don't you need to keep all transaction
logs at least as long as the oldest full backup?

thanks,

Kent Monthei
GlaxoSmithKline

"Del Hoobler" <hoobler AT US.IBM DOT COM>

Sent by: "ADSM: Dist Stor Manager" <ADSM-L AT vm.marist DOT edu>
24-Jul-2003 09:34
Please respond to "ADSM: Dist Stor Manager" <ADSM-L AT vm.marist DOT edu>