ADSM-L

The problem in communicating between TSM 5.1.5 and Tape Autoloader 3607-16X

2003-07-23 03:27:52
Subject: The problem in communicating between TSM 5.1.5 and Tape Autoloader 3607-16X
From: Le Minh Hieu <hieulm AT FPT.COM DOT VN>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 23 Jul 2003 14:18:33 +0700
We have some following problem in using TSM 5.1.5 with Tape Autoloader 3607-16X:
The problem in in using Web Administration functionality of  1x16 SDLT
Autoloader (Type: 3607-16X)We set IP address in console monitor of Autoloader:
  1.. Set some options of Web browsers in my computer (IE 6.0) following
userguide book of Autoloader
  2.. Open my browser, in the browser's field address, enter IP address for
Autoloader. The home page appears in the browser window. The home page include
Status information in right-hand side and menu (Command, Configuration,
Diagnostics, Update).
  3.. The problem is when we click at one of these menu (Command,
Configuration, Diagnostics, Update). One window asking username and password
will appear. We can't pass this step even though we do'nt set security function
on console of Autoloader or enter two default account (Administrator, Operator
with default password 000000 or set other password).
The problem in communicating between TSM Server 5.1.5 and Tape Autoloader
3607-16X.
When we install and configure TSM Server following the wizard:
  1.. We only label tape cartridge (sometime it is successful but sometime it
message "Device is not ready") but it don't show the wizard to check-in tape
into library.
  2.. TSM Device Driver only recognise tape drive and it can't recognise medium
changer, so that medium changer use Windows Drivers.
It is ok when we backup data to diskpool.
Then we backup to tapepool, it show the message "waiting for media" for a long
time and it fail. We try to use only Windows Driver but the result is the same.
We try to use Autoloader with Veritas Backup Exec 8.6 but we can't communicate
with Autoloader either (the result is not tested because we have not
experiences in using Tape Autoloader with Veritas Backup Exec).
Windows Device Manager shows that Medium Changer is IBM 1x16 Tape Autoloader
and Tape Drives is Quantum DLTtape(tm) SuperDLT1 Drive. We don't know whether
it is correct or not ???

Can you help us to solve this problem ?
Many thanks,