ADSM-L

Re: Problem with the W2k 5.2.0.1 Client?

2003-07-22 10:56:03
Subject: Re: Problem with the W2k 5.2.0.1 Client?
From: Andrew Raibeck <storman AT US.IBM DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 22 Jul 2003 08:55:32 -0600
Yes, SP4 is only recently available so we do not know what, if any,
incompatibilities may exist between TSM and SP4. However, for those who
choose to install SP4, we will support it to as great an extent as
possible, i.e. if you report a problem and it turns out to be a bug in
TSM, we will take an APAR for it.

I don't know what the RC 1450 problem is off-hand, but a quick review of
similar reported problems suggest looking at the following MS KB articles:

142719 - Windows Reports Out Of Resources Error When Memory Is Available

192409 - Open Files Can Cause Kernel to Report INSUFFICIENT_RESOURCES

236964 - Delayed Return of Paged Pool Causes Error 1450 "Insufficient
Resources"

247904 - How To Configure the Paged Address Pool and System Page Table
Entry Memory Areas

304101 - Backup Fails with Event ID 1450

You might check these out, though I can not say for sure whether they will
help. However, Q142719 was helpful in resolving in at least one case.

Regards,

Andy

Andy Raibeck
IBM Software Group