ADSM-L

Space reclamation

2003-07-21 14:30:46
Subject: Space reclamation
From: RAMNAWAZ NAVEEN <naveen.nr AT SBM.INTNET DOT MU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 21 Jul 2003 16:42:06 +0400
Hi,

I am quite new to TSM and trying to configure some setups by myself &
currebntly facing some problems.

My setup is as follows:

I run a daily backup for around 200 GB on LTO tapes. I permanently have 3
tapes in a 3590 library defined to a stgpool (UATPOOL). I want to keep the
last 3 copies. So I am using the expiry features and want to use reclamation
to recover the recalimable space so that my automated backups goes
continuosly on these 3 volumes.

My problem is that I am geeting the following messages :

ANR1040I Space reclamation started for volume UATHOT01, storage pool
UAT_POOL (process number 39).
ANR1044I Removable volume UATHOT01 is required for space reclamation.
ANR0985I Process 39 for SPACE RECLAMATION running in the BACKGROUND
completed with completion state FAILURE at 16:13:35.
ANR1082W Space reclamation terminated for volume UATHOT01 - insufficient
number of mount points available for removable media.
ANR1042I Space reclamation for storage pool UAT_POOL will be retried in 60
seconds.
ANR1043I Space reclamation retry delay ended; checking volume reclamation
status for storage pool UAT_POOL.

Questions:

(j) Can i use reclaimation when i have got only i1 tape drive and the
reclamation pool is to another sequential stgpool?

(ii) what is the meaning of insufficient mount points in the message. For
info, my client nodes are defined with a max no of 2 mount points.

(iii) Why TSM is not loading teh required volume when the tape is alaready
in the library?

All assistance will be much appreciated

Thansk & regards