ADSM-L

Re: ITSM Operational Reporting Technology Preview

2003-07-17 11:55:07
Subject: Re: ITSM Operational Reporting Technology Preview
From: Shannon Bach <SBach AT MGE DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 17 Jul 2003 10:56:20 -0500
I find that half the SQL Selects do not work with MVS but I can go in and
modify the custom report to reflect Selects that do work.  The big problem
I have is that I get the following error every time the Hourly Monitor
runs;
syshost.exe - Application Error
The instruction at "0x77cb17f" referenced memory at "0x021b0013".  The
memory could
could not be "read".
Click on OK to terminate the program
Click on CANCEL to debug the program
Since I have no idea what it means I hit CANCEL to debug the program and my
PC makes noises like it doing something serious, then the error message
goes away until the next time the Hourly Monitor runs.  I have no idea
where to look for debug results.  I sent a feedback to ITSM support with
the information but I have no idea if they'll address it or not........

                      "Wayne T. Smith"
                      <ADSM AT MAINE DOT EDU>         To:       ADSM-L AT
VM.MARIST DOT EDU
                      Sent by: "ADSM:          cc:
                      Dist Stor                Subject:  Re: ITSM Operational
Reporting Technology Preview
                      Manager"
                      <[email protected]
                      .EDU>

                      07/17/2003 10:31
                      AM
                      Please respond to
                      "ADSM: Dist Stor
                      Manager"

E Mike Collins wrote:
> TSM operational reporting is a simple tool designed to help you keep TSM
> running smoothly on a day-to-day basis. It runs on Windows and supports
TSM
> servers on all platforms.    ...

Fwiw, (as might be expected) it does not run on (the very old VM)
Version 3.1.2, as it uses a number of tables unavailable in 3.1.2
(summary, events, etc.).   cheers, wayne