ADSM-L

Re: backup of volhist and devconfig files

2003-07-16 18:20:43
Subject: Re: backup of volhist and devconfig files
From: Deon George <dgeorge AT AU1.IBM DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 17 Jul 2003 08:19:59 +1000
If I remember correctly the TSM "service" process, which runs under a
"service context" has no visability to networked drives. This is a
Microsoft issue (I've had that problem with other products being run as a
service).

Drives are networked and visable in a "user" context.

To demonstrate, if you stop TSM and start it in CMD prompt (with the drive
mapped), it will see all local mapped drives, and your backup will
probably work.

This is one example where TSM would be better on Linux :-)

...deon
---
Have you looked at the A/NZ Tivoli User Group website?
http://www.tuganz.org

Deon George, Customer Support Account Engineer, IBM Australia
Office: +61 3 9626 6058, Fax: +61 3 9626 6622, Mobile: +61 412 366 816,
IVPN +70 66058
mailto:dgeorge AT au1.ibm DOT com, http://www.ibm.com/tivoli

"ADSM: Dist Stor Manager" <ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU> wrote on 17/07/2003
05:30:59 AM: