ADSM-L

Re: Exclude issue

2003-07-16 11:10:12
Subject: Re: Exclude issue
From: Andrew Raibeck <storman AT US.IBM DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 16 Jul 2003 09:09:41 -0600
The '?' character matches exactly one character. Examples of matches for
your *:\documents? pattern:

   c:\documents1
   f:\documents$

Examples that do NOT match:

   c:\Documents and Settings
   t:\documents

If you are interested in excluding all directories whose names begin with
"documents", then a better pattern would be:

   *:\documents*

However, if you are truly only interested in excluding "C:\Documents and
Settings", then you should specify that explicit name:

   exclude.dir "c:\documents and settings"

(the casing is insignificant)

Please see http://msgs.adsm.org/cgi-bin/get/adsm0210/693.html for an
example of how to properly code the DEFINE CLIENTOPT command when the
pattern contains blank spaces.

Hope this helps.

Andy

Andy Raibeck
IBM Software Group

The command line is your friend.

Rick Harderwijk <rharderwijk AT FACTOTUMMEDIA DOT NL>
07/15/2003 13:40