ADSM-L

Domino crash while Activate with logs

2003-07-14 14:14:39
Subject: Domino crash while Activate with logs
From: Bill Boyer <bill.boyer AT VERIZON DOT NET>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 14 Jul 2003 14:14:08 -0400
TDP Mail Domino 5.1.5.0
Windows 2000
TSM Client 5.1.6.0
TSM Server 4.2.4.1 on AIX 4.3.3
Domino 5.0.12

Restored a users' mailbox to an alternate location and was doing an Activate
with apply logs for about 3-days' worth of transaction logs. The restore of
the log files was progressing, locked the screen and went to lunch. Got
paged from lunch about the Domino server being down. The QNC dialog box on
the screen was pointing to the 'Activate Progress DOMDSM.EXE' as having
failed. It created a NOTES.RIP file with this information:

Quincy has detected the following fatal exception
Please report this crash to the vendor of the faulting application:
 App: C:\Program Files\Tivoli\TSM\domino\domdsm.exe (PID=0xDE4) "Activate
Progress"
 When: 7/14/2003 @ 13:10:59.843
 Exception Number: 0xC0000005 (access violation)
 Exception Flags:  0x00000000 (continuable)
 Notes Build: Release 5.0.12  |February 13, 2003
 Hotfixes:
  none...

Now, we have done multiple restores/activates, some earlier today with no
problems. ANyone else had problems during an activate that caused Domino to
come down?? I've opened a PMR and waiting to hear back.

Bill Boyer
"Some days you are the bug, some days you are the windshield." - ??