ADSM-L

TSM and IP hijacking

2003-07-14 02:43:45
Subject: TSM and IP hijacking
From: "Tomáš Hrouda Ing." <throuda AT HTD DOT CZ>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 14 Jul 2003 08:42:47 +0200
FW: Tivoli - backupHi all,

today I obtained this mail (translated) from one of our customer. I am not
networking guru so much, I only know that IDS is some kind of network
monitoring and analyzing tool but I don't know exactly what and how the IDS
sonds working. These messages are reported somewhere on firewall and TSM
comunication was interpreted as potential hijacking (by customer's people).
Can you anybody give me some advice what is goung about and what to do or
tell our customer representatives?

Any help will be appreciate.
Tomas