ADSM-L

MSCS Win2K, TSM Journal Backups and SAN attached disks!!!

2003-07-11 11:30:04
Subject: MSCS Win2K, TSM Journal Backups and SAN attached disks!!!
From: David McClelland <David.McClelland AT REUTERS DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 11 Jul 2003 16:07:21 +0100
*SMers,

I understand from searching back on the list that this one might be a
bit of a hot potato, but here goes anyway:

We'd ideally like to set up TSM Journaling on a Win2K MSCS Cluster using
TSM 4.2 Client with SAN attached disk.

So, my questions are:

        o) Does the TSM Journal Engine support SAN-attached disks - I
recall something about the Win32 api ReadDirectoryChangesW only
monitoring 'local' file system changes - does this preclude SAN attached
disk?
        o) Would this work in an MSCS cluster?

Has anyone done this, or tried to? Any advice?

Any help greatly received, as always!

Rgds,

David McClelland
Global Management Systems