ADSM-L

ANR1165E Data-integrity error

2003-07-09 16:39:22
Subject: ANR1165E Data-integrity error
From: "Kraan, Helge van de" <Helge.vandeKraan AT VOLKSWAGEN DOT DE>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 9 Jul 2003 22:38:23 +0200
Hi All

we have a very havy problem in our lan-free environment.
tsm-server hp-ux 11.0  5.1.6.2
tsm-client hp-ux 11.0  5.1.1.0
tdp for erp            3.

we get by some restores the following error

ANR2017I Administrator FIB0BKB issued command: QUERY MO
ANR8330I ECARTRIDGE volume 951037 is mounted R/O in drive LIB-ETTSM1
(/dev/rmt/tsmmt11), status: IN USE.
ANR8330I ECARTRIDGE volume 951234 is mounted R/O in drive LIB-ETTSM1
(/dev/rmt/tsmmt15), status: IN USE.
ANR8330I ECARTRIDGE volume 950164 is mounted R/O in drive LIB-ETTSM1
(/dev/rmt/tsmmt16), status: IN USE.
ANR8334I         3 matches found.
ANR0405I Session 199 ended for administrator FIB0BKB (HP-UX).

ANR9999D sstrans.c(5708): ThreadId<6> Actual:   Magic=53454652, SrvId=32,
SegGroupId=10167542, SeqNum=35, converted=F.
ANR9999D sstrans.c(5722): ThreadId<6> Expected: Magic=53454652, SrvId=0,
SegGroupId=10167542. SeqNum=35.

ANR0407I Session 200 started for administrator FIB0BKB (HP-UX) (TCP/IP
10.112.192.32(62807)).
ANR1165E Data-integrity error detected for file in storage pool SAP_DB_4:
Node
ETCLC0_E7P, Type Archive, File space /tdpmux, fsId 2, File name /
SAPE7PA0DHVZ40RD_0.

so ibm says it is a "flipped bit" error because the SrvId is 32 and should
be 0.

but we have the same error by a other sap-backup too in the equal form.
there is
the value from SrvId wrong too (with the equal values).

o.k. in tsm we have now the crc check function and tonight we make few
backups with this option.
but when ibm say we have seen this in some lan-free environments what was
the reason for this error
by the other installation.   fc-hba (by us from HP) or switch (inrange 9000,
stk sn6000) or
tape (9940a) or driver ... ?

any good tips ?

our large windows file-server and exchange server use the same environment.
and in time we have there no
problem.

tomorrow we will do audit volumes for the tape in our STG with the crc
option. and when we have "luck" we see
the problem and can start traces with a fc-tracer (sniffer).

Helge