ADSM-L

restore of the local sam database

2003-07-08 13:30:08
Subject: restore of the local sam database
From: Eddie Jones <Eddie_Jones AT CANADALIFEUS DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 8 Jul 2003 13:29:40 -0400
How do I restore my local sam from tsm?

Background:
TSM Server 5.1.6.3 on windows 2000 operating system.
TSM client 5.1.15 on a windows NT

This is in a test area without a domain controller and the two servers are
in a workgroup.
I tried restoring the security accounts manager database and security
policy database under system object->registry->hkey_local_machine.  When I
did this It asked me to reboot the server and when I tried to log in it
said that the net logon service was not running.

Can anyone help?

Eddie Jones
770-953-1959 ext.2824

"The greatest lesson in life is to know that even fools are right
sometimes."
- Sir Winston Spencer Churchill

---***---