ADSM-L

Re: Recovering TSM 4.2.0 Server

2003-07-07 18:52:19
Subject: Re: Recovering TSM 4.2.0 Server
From: Alex Paschal <AlexPaschal AT FREIGHTLINER DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 7 Jul 2003 15:51:49 -0700
Gerald,

That's general badness.  You'll want to contact IBM and/or your tape drive
support.  Also, you most likely have a lot of these happening in your
actlog, unrelated to this restore.  Possible causes can include bad tape,
drive, microcode, power supply, gbics, hba, driver, bus interrupt conflict,
a whole bunch of stuff.

Oh, in case it's a drive thing, you may want to try restoring using your
other drives.  Sometimes a bad drive can write tapes that the other drives
can't read, so you might even try all your other drives.

Typically I just give up on a tape and restore from copypool if I get
invalid block header read errors.  Of course, I might try harder for a db
restore.  Good luck.

Alex Paschal
Freightliner, LLC
(503) 745-6850 phone/vmail