ADSM-L

Re: MVS select statement

2003-07-07 11:12:22
Subject: Re: MVS select statement
From: Shannon Bach <SBach AT MGE DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 7 Jul 2003 10:13:35 -0500
Hi Joni,

I use the following select statement's to find out daily error messages.
The morning operators run this script each morning and notify an
administrator if there is a problem.  In the following script I just pull
out certain messages, you can add or delete these to suit your needs.  Some
of the messages needs to have orig=server while others need to have
orig=client.  Since my backup window started yesterday at 16:00 ended at
9:00am this morning, this is the timeframe of the querys.  Maybe you could
modify this to do what you need.

Q ACTLOG BEGIND=TODAY-1 BEGINT=16:00:00 -
ENDD=TODAY ENDT=09:00:00 MSGNO=2578 -           <------------Schedule for
Node xxxxx has missed its scheduled start up window
ORIG=SERVER
Q ACTLOG BEGIND=TODAY-1 BEGINT=16:00:00 -
ENDD=TODAY ENDT=09:00:00 MSGNO=4007 -     <------------Error processing
'filespace-namepath-namefile-name': access to object denied
ORIG=CLIENT
Q ACTLOG BEGIND=TODAY-1 BEGINT=16:00:00 -
ENDD=TODAY ENDT=09:00:00 MSGNO=2716 -     <------------Schedule prompter
was not able to contact client node name using type address type (high
address low address)
ORIG=SERVER
Q ACTLOG BEGIND=TODAY-1 BEGINT=16:00:00 -
ENDD=TODAY ENDT=09:00:00 MSGNO=0530 -     <------------Transaction failed
for session session number for node node name (client platform) -storage
media inaccessible
ORIG=SERVER
Etc, etc., etc  I won't give you our whole list as each shop is different
and I don't want to waste space on the list.
Hope this helps!

Shannon Bach
Madison Gas & Electric Co.
Operations Analyst - Data Center Services
Office 608-252-7260
Fax 608-252-7098
e-mail sbach AT mge DOT com